7/8/10

Think you can overcome teen angst?

Have you ever "Googled" yourself?   I know, it's a  narcissistic waste of time.  But sometimes I just can't help it.

I have a friend, Robert, who believes Google is evil.  Something about ripping off iPhone development, yada yada yada.  So, this morning while wasting time doing research I decided to test Bing's research prowess.

Of course, the first search involved myself.

Lesson learned.

A quick Bing image search pulled up 6 images of what Bing thought was me.  One from the school's website, bad picture... but me.  One was of a co-worker several years my senior, also from the school's website.  Two keyed in on my last name and grabbed shots of Rhett's cousin, an environmentalist and author in New Mexico, at a conference.

 And, then there was....  
THIS....



In the old days there was hope you could someday get away from that "angst filled -- ugly -- no hair products in 1979 -- Oh, my God it's a surprise party for my 14th birthday, I am SO glad I'm wearing my best jeans" picture.  By now, those old pictures should have faded into amber nothingness thanks to those handy "magnetic" photo albums.  But no. 


To the young people of today, be afraid, be very afraid.

Facebook will come back to haunt you.

1 comment:

Robert said...

Google is the Debil