6/28/11

A summer day book

Outside my window...
...I see way too many pine cones that need to be removed from the yard.  Darn storms.
I am thinking... 
...that it has been SIX MONTHS since my last blog post. Darn Facebook and Pinterest.
....how I need to be on the phone getting insurance quotes-- just added a new driver to the mix... but I am afraid of sticker shock.

I am thankful for...
...a husband who loves me, despite the fact that I am a little crazy this summer.
...actually winning trivia last week - so that I can actually feel smart for a few days.
...a trivia team member that lets me think I knew the answer, when we all know he knows everything.
...that my "adventurous" son was not bit by the baby copperhead he picked up while doing service work with a great Catholic youth organization Alive in You.  After looking at a picture I have decided, FOR MY OWN PIECE OF MIND (headed toward that "hope" up there), that it was only a racer snake.
 From the lesson plans...
...OK since I copied this from Sara I have blindly left this in.  No lesson plans for me, not for work or for keeping my kids "up to snuff".  It's summer.

From the kitchen...
...I have been a bit manic lately.  Really enjoying the time off this summer.  Yesterday included "silver turtles" on the grill (shrimp, spinach, cous-cous and cilantro) with mango-avocado salsa, Pioneer Woman's yummy jalapeno poppers and BOGO Ben&Jerry's.
...Then night before?  Grilled pizzas.
...Tonight?  Back to the basics...crock-pot chicken tacos.

I am wearing...
...white skirt and tank top.  Tried to look a little presentable for the DMV this am.

I am creating...
...giant messes all over the house as I attempt to make EVERY SINGLE craft I have thought of for the past year... all at the same time.  (that's another post)

I am reading...
A Breath of Snow and Ashes the sixth (?) book in the Outlander series.  A dear friend introduced  hounded me to read this wonderful series.   I am glad I took her advice.  Though, I have read all 6 books back to back and I think I may have to throw something 21st century into the mix soon... Bossypants is next on my list.  According to my daughter, I will love it.

I am hoping...
...for a calm soul.  Tired of anxiety of stupid stuff.
I am hearing...
...the x-Box, the tv, Ryan playing the bass upstairs and the click-click of my typewriter keys again. 

Around the house...
...lie the remnants of all my craftiness.
I am going...
...to get insurance quotes-- after I check Pinterest again.
One of my favorite things...
...family dinners.

I am praying for...
...my new driver, who also needs some peace from his anxiety.
...military men and women and their families.
...those who have no one to pray for them.
...my neighbor who is down at Emory beginning an intensive study for Parkinson's disease.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
...more craftiness.
...pressure washing and maybe painting my deck-- if the rain will go away.
...trying to remember to send my sister her birthday gift (crafted by yours truly)

Photo thoughts... do either of these look poisonous? 
Answer tomorrow.

No comments: